Options to Avoid Foreclosure
Unable to afford your mortgage payments, but want to avoid foreclosure? Many options may be available to you.
- You may be able to refinance your loan, extending the repayment period and/or reducing the interest, thereby lowering the payments.
- Great NorthWest FCU may be able to modify your loan, to make your payments more affordable.
- You may be able to surrender the deed to your house voluntarily, to avoid the foreclosure process.
- Great NorthWest FCU may be able to provide you with special forbearance, in light of your current circumstances you may be able to sell your home and repay your mortgage in its entirety. If your home’s value is less than your outstanding loan balance, Great NorthWest FCU may be willing to accept less money than you owe as full payment (a short sale).
To explore any (or all) of these options, contact Kari at Great NorthWest FCU, 1-800-533-8396 ext.108. This is a toll free call.
In order for us to evaluate your eligibility for these options we must review some documents. Please prepare the following documents for our conversation:
- Recent pay stubs (or other proof of income, such as SSI payments or retirement income)
- Recent statements from all bank or credit union accounts
- Tax return and all supporting documentation
- Property tax statement
- Hardship letter explaining why you are unable to make your payments
- List of monthly expenses
- You may be required to provide additional documentation of your expenses